Dawson Construction LLC
405 32nd Street Ste 110
Dawson Construction is hiring an experienced, motivated Superintendent for a project in Spokane with future opportunities throughout Washington and Alaska. This position leads and manages all onsite construction activity and assists the Project Manager with planning, directing, and managing commercial construction projects. The Superintendent is a take-charge leader with a strong safety focus, a sense of urgency, and the desire to achieve quality in the final product.
- Ensure safety is an everyday topic and supersedes all other considerations
- Demonstrate a dedication to successful delivery of projects for our clients and partners through planning, team building, anticipation of challenges, ensuring resources are provided and flexibility to address specific project team needs.
- Direct the activities of workers engaged in the construction of the project
- Read and interpret plans and specifications, and ensure they are met during construction
- Monitor and inspect work progress and site
- Supervise, direct and coordinate activities of labor, subcontractors, and deliveries
- Confer with managers and technical associates in order to coordinate activities
- Meet with subcontractors to ensure satisfactory work
- Record information such as personnel, production, and operations data
- Complete all reports and records in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare schedules and supervise completion of final punch list
- Analyze worker and production problems
- Understand and adhere to safety and quality control requirements
- Improve production methods
- Prepare and execute safety and quality control plans
- Conduct and participate in safety meetings
- Maintain an organized jobsite, including the construction office
- 15+ years of experience in commercial construction, including experience completing projects with revenues over $15M
- Associates Degree in construction science or management, or an equivalent combination of training/work experiences.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and safety practices
- Proficient with computers and current industry technology
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work outside year-round in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to work extended hours as required by weather conditions or urgent circumstances
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.
To Apply: Please apply online at www.dawson.com/careers
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.