16512 E Desmet Ct, Spokane, WA
Dawson Construction, LLC is hiring an experienced, motivated Superintendent for a project in Spokane with future opportunities throughout Washington and Alaska. This position leads and manages all onsite construction activity and works with the Project Manager in planning, coordinating, and directing on-site labor and subcontractors. The Superintendent is a take-charge leader with a strong safety focus, a sense of urgency, and the ability to achieve quality in the final product.
- Safety Leadership
- Lead and promote a culture of safety excellence on the jobsite.
- Manage and administer the site-specific safety plan.
- Conduct project safety meetings with craft and trade contractors.
- Quality Control
- Prepare, execute, and ensure compliance with the quality control plans.
- Review construction documents for constructability and resolve discrepancies.
- Conduct pre-installation coordination meetings.
- Labor Planning (coordination & production)
- Interview, hire and transfer craft team members to optimize crew size and skillset
- Ensure crews have proper tools and equipment to efficiently perform the work.
- Effectively lead foremen and crews to achieve production goals.
- Project Planning
- Collaborate with team members to establish overall project phasing and schedule.
- Develop site logistic plans and maintain an orderly and clean site.
- Participate in development of short interval schedules.
- Subcontractor Coordination
- Ensure subcontractors are meeting safety and quality standard.
- Provide day-to-day direction and conduct coordination meetings with trade contractors.
- Ensure subcontractors are adequately staffed to meet the project schedule and report to Project Manager when expectations are not being met.
- 15+ years of experience in commercial construction, including experience completing projects over $15M
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and safety practices
- Minimal computer experience is necessary
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work outside year-round in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.